Biology and aquarium maintenance of unicellular animals, sponges, worms, crustaceans, and many other invertebrates for the reef aquarium. Presentation of selected reef aquaria of the world.
The Modern Coral Reef Aquarium Vol. 3 starts out with a small chapter putting the animals we keep into an evolutionary perspective. Chapter 2 contents microscopic single-celled animals that are so important for the biological balance of any aquarium. Chapter 3 takes a look at the sponges, true filter feeders among the invertebrates. Chapter 4 deals with many small invertebrate phyla - such as the sea spiders and the water bears - most of which are rarely described in other aquarium books.
The huge chapter 5 covers all the phyla commonly called "Marine Worms". Here you will find scientifically updated information on all sorts of marine worms as well as unique photos and comments on those species and groups frequently found in your reef aquarium.
Do not miss the chance to view and learn about these interesting groups of animals! Chapter 6 tells you a lot on the Crustaceans, a group of invertebrates that have been popular among aquarists since the beginning of the marine hobby. You will find a well of new information on the most common species seen in the trade as well as presentations of more uncommon, but never-the-less highly interesting species for the reef enthusiasts.
- New Perspectives for the Modern Coral Reef Aquarium
- Single-celled Organisms (Flagellates, Amoebas, Foraminifers, Radiolarians, Ciliates, Placozoans)
- Marine Worms (Flatworms, Jaw Worms, Ribbon Worms, Round Worms, Gastrotrichs, Rotifers, Mud Dragons, Proboscis Worms, Girdle Worms, Marine Bristle Worms, Sausages Worms, Peanut-worms, Beard Worms, Arrow Worms, Acorn Worms)
- Comb Jellies, Entoprocts, Horseshoe Worms, Moss Animals, Lamp Shells, Water Bears, Sea Spiders, and Horseshoe Crabs
- Crustaceans (Fairy Shrimps, Shield Shrimps, Water Fleas, Mussel- or Seed Shrimps, Oar-footed Crustaceans, Barnacles, Mantis Shrimps, Scissors Shrimps, Crayfish, Ghost Shrimps, Mud Lobsters, Spiny Lobsters, Hermit Crabs, Porcelain Crabs, Mole Crabs, True Crabs, Sea Lice, Pill Bugs, Beach Fleas, Whale Lice, Skeleton Shrimps, Mysiids)
- A Presentation of some selected Aquaria